Jim Alexander

"Chris Hodges" wrote in message
. uk...
Jim Alexander wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi

The wife and I (well...more the wife) are looking to replace the
kitchen and are looking at MFI and IKEA as potential suppliers. The MFI
kitchen looks good and has a good price, but I would like anyone's
thoughts before I take the plunge.

Can anyone help?

Couple of points, the lack of pipe space at the rear of IKEA units is a
pain and MFI take the delivery risk but there are bound to be some parts
out of stock at IKEA.

Apart from that there are sizing differences which may make a diference,
for example MFI drawer units are 600mm and IKEA are 400mm. Ditto tall
units are different widths. That might make a difference if you are
tight for space.

IMHO MFI are excellent value for money assuming you get the (almost
permanent) sale prices.

I've just fitted an ikea kitchen. MFI's attitude and shop were a notable
factor in the decision, but the choice of unit widths was also better from
ikea - we've got a small kitchen, and fitted units 30, 40, 50 and 60 cm
wide. 60 drawer units are now available.

That's interesting about the shop. You've reminded me that I sidestepped
the poor MFI shop service by ordering online.

Jim A