RayDavis

Ikea.

Put my kitchen in last year and was really pleased with the result.
Everything is modular too, meaning an average base unit requires 5 separate
parts giving loads of flexibility if you need to customise any units. The
cost of these parts added up is the price they advertise!

All units are standard metric (300mm, 500mm 600mm etc.) but generally
undersized by a few mm.

Plus, they do those things now that stop your cupboards/draws from slamming.

Things to watch for...

The units are really deep (580mm) - you need to be really careful with
pipework/cables behind units.

The worktops are susceptible to splitting just under the front edge if
they get wet. It's probably solvable with a bit of PVA though.

"Darren" wrote in message
On 3 May 2005 04:20:01 -0700, wrote:

Hi

The wife and I (well...more the wife) are looking to replace the
kitchen and are looking at MFI and IKEA as potential suppliers. The MFI
kitchen looks good and has a good price, but I would like anyone's
thoughts before I take the plunge.

Can anyone help?

THanks
Tony

Maybe the insides or the fastenings will help you decide. I'd go more
towards IKEA, but there may be issues with sizes/fittings being
scandanavian, dunno though.