charlie b

Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on my
offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely designed
cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra
systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS
Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system.
Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read
here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking
around Incra's site.

Thoughts?
KB

I've had the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System for about 5 years and,
with the exception of replacing the insert with a metal one and
their item for holding the router to the underside of the insert,
it's stock. I've used it for dovetailing, half blind dovetailing,
rabbets/rebates. dados, drawer lock joinery, lock miter joints,
chamfering , box/finger joints roundovers and soon, rail and
stile along with panel raising (the smaller bit set for jewelry
boxes). The only "consumable" is the plastic zero clearance
insert blanks which are great - two profiles/insert.

Still no slop in the positioning system - the half nut and threaded
rod are steel - no plastic. Not sure about the Incra parts.

The guy who invented the JoinTech fence positioning system used
is the founder and still runs AND owns the company and it's
mainly a family business in San Antonio. He's an escaped
Lockheed Aero Space engineer so he knows his stuff and how
to design and make high quality devices.

And JoinTech's customer support is great - helpful, friendly
and very knowledgable about their products.

I'd go with the JoinTech again in a New York minute.

charlie b