Default Incra LS Super System vs Jointech CabinetMaker System

Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on my
offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely designed
cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra
systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS
Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system.
Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read
here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking
around Incra's site.

Thoughts?
KB

David

Your question peaked my interest in the LS, so I took a look at
Woodpecker's website. I own their Twin Linear and wondered if the LS
has offset fences as well. From what I could see of their description,
it doesn't. That's a feature I'd be loath to give up. I like the TL
for it's accuracy and repeatability in setting the fence back to an
original position after moving it. Quality is top notch. Years ago I
looked at the Jointech and thought their stuff was of equal quality, but
in the end, I decided on the TL. I don't think you can go wrong with
either brand.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've not looked at the most recent
models. I glanced at the demo of the LS recently, but since I wasn't in
the market I didn't look it over closely.

Be prepared to build or buy a DEEP router table to hold those fences.
They take up a lot of room behind the bit.

Dave

wrote:

Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on my
offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely designed
cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra
systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS
Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system.
Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read
here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking
around Incra's site.

Thoughts?
KB

I have the LS on my table saw with a router table in the left wing. I
was amazed at the quality and love it. I looked into both and found
the equivalent Incra beat out the Jointech by 10% or so (on what I was
looking at). The Wonder Fence does allow for independent split fence
movement. My biggest concern buying it sight unseen was the rigidity
when locked. It is rock solid on my table. I would strongly recommend
it.

If it matters (it does to me) the Incra is made in the USA. Anyone
know if the Jointech is?

Daryl

wrote:
Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on

my
offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely

designed
cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra
systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS
Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system.
Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read
here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking
around Incra's site.

Thoughts?
KB

charlie b

Looking for some current advice. Just putting the final touches on my
offset router table. 32"x48" laminated top/bottom on a nicely designed
cabinet with Benchdog's ProLift and a Bosch 1617 (for now).

Question: Incra or Jointech? Most feedback is dated to older Incra
systems. I haven't been able to find much input on Incra's 'new' LS
Super System - looks remarkably similiar to Jointech's system.
Jointech's system seems to be highly regarded by the input I've read
here. That was the direction I was leaning until I started poking
around Incra's site.

Thoughts?
KB

I've had the JoinTech Cabinet Maker System for about 5 years and,
with the exception of replacing the insert with a metal one and
their item for holding the router to the underside of the insert,
it's stock. I've used it for dovetailing, half blind dovetailing,
rabbets/rebates. dados, drawer lock joinery, lock miter joints,
chamfering , box/finger joints roundovers and soon, rail and
stile along with panel raising (the smaller bit set for jewelry
boxes). The only "consumable" is the plastic zero clearance
insert blanks which are great - two profiles/insert.

Still no slop in the positioning system - the half nut and threaded
rod are steel - no plastic. Not sure about the Incra parts.

The guy who invented the JoinTech fence positioning system used
is the founder and still runs AND owns the company and it's
mainly a family business in San Antonio. He's an escaped
Lockheed Aero Space engineer so he knows his stuff and how
to design and make high quality devices.

And JoinTech's customer support is great - helpful, friendly
and very knowledgable about their products.

I'd go with the JoinTech again in a New York minute.

charlie b

Ken Johnsen

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have the LS on my table saw with a router table in the .

If it matters (it does to me) the Incra is made in the USA. Anyone
know if the Jointech is?

Daryl

Jointech is made in the US (TX). Had my system on the TS for 4 years and had
no problems, other than me not understanding how to find the center of
stock. When I thought there was a problem with the "Clincher" Jointech
offered a new one and the opportunity, at a show, to learn how to find
center. Once I had the right technique, the system is flawless.

When I looked at both I was impressed by the operation of each but thought
Jointech was a more durable system, no plastic locking mechanism, and all
around beefier. Now I see Incra has copied Jointech's lead screw design.

Ken

Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM