MikeMandaville

John Horner wrote:
"MikeMandaville" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought my 7x10 lathe at Harbor Freight two years ago. Last year,

bought an eight inch drill press there. I'm going to use these

tools
to build the PM Research machine tool models. After that, I'm

going to
build the PM Research tools in their original sizes. That ought to
keep me busy for awhile.

Way cool. Are there any published how-to plans or articles for

building
such machines full sized?

John

Hello, John.

I am assuming that you probably already know about the Gingery
shop-from-scrap series, though, just in case you don't, here is the
link:

http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/djgbk/series/index.html

Just to save some time, I've been thinking about doing the casting by
using the thermit process:

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks4/thermit/

I can buy all of the chemicals to make thermit from Skyliter, though
that would be an expensive way to go, so instead, I plan on purchasing
all of my materials locally. I will be able to get the iron oxide at
my local ceramics supplier, and then process it with a homemade ball
mill. Now all I will need to do is to determine the most efficient
means of pulverizing the aluminum. Any suggestions?

:-)

Mike Mandaville
Austin, Texas