Morris Dovey

"Bill Leonhardt" wrote in message

Again, perhaps I'm being too anal. I'm only judging the plywood edges by
what I've seen at the BORG. Perhaps a cabinet grade plywood is OK.

Anyway,
finding a good straight edge here is important.

What do others think or use?

I've been using the Lee Valley two-piece guide in combination with a plywood
spacer that lets me offset it exactly from where I want the cut (see about
1/3 of the way down at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/outfeed.html) and,
sometimes, a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8" aluminum angle (with the same spacer).
Both work well, but require that I muscle the sheet goods around more than
is comfortable - and spend more time with each cut than I'd prefer.

The saw board/fence approach is a good one and does save time. If it met my
needs, I think I'd be tempted to pop rivet a piece of 1/8" tempered
hardboard to the aluminum angle...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar