John Hall

I was waiting, (lurking), to learn how to do this, but my little
Quincy(circa 1960) has two plug like thingies on the top of the head which I
assume gains me access to the valves, not bolted valve body thingies. Do I
have valve discs that need maintenence,or some other design? If so, do I
just unscrew these things with a tie rod wrench or such? I'm guessing if
they are gasketed they might be like sparkplug gaskets and ,(hopefully),
reusable.

John
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
Unbolt the 4 bolts from each of 4 valve body thingies from the top of the
head. Make or buy (shudder) new gaskets. It'll be self-evident. Usually
just the exhaust valve on the high pressure side gets carboned-up. You'll
know when the pump is running more than usual and it won't get up to
pressure. Mine get gunked-up once a year running 10 hours a day with a
50-70% duty cycle.

"JB" wrote in message
Tom,

Thanks for the help. How do I remove the valve disks to clean them?

Thanks again.

Joe...

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
Ok, sorry...I use synthetic compressor oil from Grainger, second choice
is a non-detergent (keeps water suspended) like Shell Rotella, although
anything will do...keep an eye on it and change it once in a while.
Your Quincy will last FOREVER! You'll have to take out the valve disks
and clean the carbon off once in a while (yearly under daily use).

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am looking for recommendations and a source for compressor oil. It
is for my Quincy 325 Compressor. I went to HD and Lowes and they do
not have much of a selection and I am not sure if what they sell is
compatible with Quincy.

Thanks.

Joe...