Christopher Tidy

Default Fitting piston rings

Hi,

I need to fit piston rings to an old Wolseley single cylinder engine.
I've removed the piston and have the new rings ready, but want to make
sure I don't scratch the piston or damage the rings in the process. Can
anyone offer some advice about what is the best method for
removing/installing piston rings? I remember someone telling me a long
time ago that new rings could be easily installled by wrapping a sheet
of thin copper around the piston and sliding the rings down over it.
What do people recommend? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy