Prometheus

On Mon, 02 May 2005 01:45:20 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Prometheus wrote:

Good stuff, there. For my wife, the absolute horror when it comes to
things I'd *kill* to eat is sushi- especially the raw flying fish roe,
and spider rolls made with an entire crab. She just doesn't know good
food when it's looking right at her... The look on her face when I
take a bite of the end of a spider roll is just priceless (for those
of you who don't get into sushi, the ends of that particular roll have
the crab legs, complete with tiny pinchers, sticking out of them. Not
the most appealing thing to stare at, but ohhhhhh are they good.)

I used to work for a software company that had its main office here in
Indianapolis, and a couple other offices in other parts of the US. A couple of
us from the Indy office were at a computer conference in California with a guy
from our Los Angeles office. He was telling us all about different kinds of
sushi, how good they taste, and so on. Told him "back in Indiana, we call that
stuff by a different name.... BAIT!"

Yeah, that's what they call it in Wisconsin, too. But one of the
local Chinese joints got converted to a Sushi bar by one of the sons
who inherited the place, so now I get to have it again, despite the
seemingly universal loathing midwesterners have for the very idea of
it. I can't be the only one, the place takes reservations and is
always packed.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam