Robatoy

In article ,
"John Moorhead" wrote:

Folks -

Okay, a short one.... Got a gal in one of the Friday classes, has had WS
before and has the basics... Anyway, she is building a segmented round
mirror frame. I told her we would assemble it with hide glue.... She wanted
to know what THAT was, and I told her that it was the only glue available
for WW until modern adheisives came along.... She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a small
hissy about "those poor rabbits" and that it was WRONG to do that. I
countered, by asking her if she had ever eaten a burger.... she said that
"that didn't count" and that hide glue was "mean".... So, I back-tracked
and told her, half in jest, that we were actually using the "vegitarian"
formula, and that the original ingredients included lettuce and carrots.
She took it hook, line and sinker.... So now it's "carrot glue"

Sheesh....

John

I realize this thread was about glue initially, but I just love the way
this newsgroup runs with any thread. Truly priceless.
Got to love this place.