william_b_noble

it's probably a polyurethane, and you don't want to get it all off, just
trim it close to the metal and glue in a new piece of glass - be sure to use
the special primers (both of them) on the glass or it won't hold right.
"Roger Hull" wrote in message
s.net...
Just discovered the rear quarter window on my '95 Ranger PU uses four
threaded studs to hold the window gasket to the body, sealed by putty and

the
glass is GLUED to the gasket. Broke the window and have not been able to
disolve the glue to get all the little pieces of broken safety glass off

the
gasket. Tried Acetone, cleaning solvent, and carb cleaner. BTW, the local
Ford dealer quoted me $734 for the window!!!!! Any help appreciated.