Don Bruder

In article t,
Roger Hull wrote:

Just discovered the rear quarter window on my '95 Ranger PU uses four
threaded studs to hold the window gasket to the body, sealed by putty and the
glass is GLUED to the gasket. Broke the window and have not been able to
disolve the glue to get all the little pieces of broken safety glass off the
gasket. Tried Acetone, cleaning solvent, and carb cleaner. BTW, the local
Ford dealer quoted me $734 for the window!!!!! Any help appreciated.

Find such a solvent, and Ford will likely dump millions in hush-money on
you... They intend that stuff to be *FOREVER*.

I'd expect you're going to have no option but to replace the gasket and
window as a unit - Also according to Ford plans for generating revenue
long past the time the model has been discontinued.

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/main/contact.html for full details.