rutman

Darn, the outside casing is black.. but thats about it i guess i
need to open it and see on the inside to look for terminal colours
etc!

thanks for the great info!

I am thinking that if the thermal fuse is rated for 20 amps, and if I
decide to throw in a 30amp thermal fuse, I should then upgrade all the
wiring right?

Reading on googles, and the such it says that the higher the amparage
the bigger the wire gauge ( or at least thats what it should be )

you may be asking why change from 20amp thermal fuse ( if that what it
is ) to a higher amparage.

well, when the jeep is under load the thermal fuse kicks in to save
the wiring I guess. Upon inspection of all the wiring they look
clean, fresh and warn not overly hot.

I am wondering if its current thermal fuse is too conservative?

finally I have one more question!

The fuse that came with the circuitry is rated at 40amp. If the
thermal fuse is lower than 40amp, why would that be the case? Wouldnt
it make sense to have a 40amp fuse tp the battery and another 40amp
thermal fuse by the motors..

to me it sounds like an overkill to have two fuses in the same
circuitry either with the same amp rating or different ratings.

P.S one again many thanks to everyone for responding to my inquires!

On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:13:13 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Travis Jordan wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:
Perhaps if you describe the application a little more......

BTW, does this help?
http://www.ottercontrols.com/product..._protector.php

If the motor protector is color coded, you may be able to figure out
it's rating from the Otter data book....is the the right series?
http://www.davidonindustries.com/stu...20databook.pdf