Prometheus

I can really build boxes good. A month or so ago, I made a couple
of 44 (w) by 27 (h) x 26 (deep) cabinets out of oak ply -
no problem - couple of hours in the shop at the end of a day.

In the meantime, we are deciding how to arrange the shelving
in said boxes. Finally "we" agree that they should each have
a "half" shelf about 12" deep with a bottom support (since I have
about 1000+ LP's from the 70's on that I refuse to get rid of and
that I will rip to digital when I get time).

So there I am - starting at 10:AM - measuring, marking, testing,
re-testing - cutting, trimming, dado-ing (sp?). Routing a stopped
dado in opposte ends of a cabinet with a dado for a middle support
in said shelf and cabinet bottom.

6 Hours later - success - for 1 cabinet!

Jeez! And I have all the freakin' tools!

Is it just me? I am slow, so slow.... and Norm does so much
in 25 minutes...

You know, what you need is a good post-production crew to edit out all
of your excess time! Don't compare yourself to the television- they
fit a lot of work into 25 minutes because 25 minutes is what they've
got. Hell, sometimes I spend 25 minutes just looking for a tool I
need. Six hours to add the internal elements to a cabinet the right
way is a drop in the bucket. Sure, you could've done it in 15 minutes
with some L-brackets and a level, but it would have looked like junk-
and I'm sure that what you did came out looking great. The extra care
is almost always justifed, and FWIW, it doesn't sound like you're all
that slow to me.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam