Larry Jaques

On Sun, 01 May 2005 03:03:51 GMT, the inscrutable "Keith Marshall"
spake:

Homier Corporate will be getting a nice letter from me in the very
near future.

They seem to be doing that more and more lately. I've hit about 6 of their
shows over the last couple of years and each time they have less and less of
the larger items.

Fewer and fewer, too, huh? g

They rarely have the lathes and I don't think I've seen
one of the mini mills in the last 4 shows. They also used to have MIG
welders and even the occasional plasma cutter but all they had like that at
the last auction was a tiny stick welder. They even had tractors at one
sale a year or so ago.

I saw one mini-mill, one larger mill, a few large floor drill presses,
one tractor w/ bucket and 2 PTO-tillers for same, and a lot of really
nasty furniture.

They're selling from smaller and smaller buildings too so I guess that's
part of the problem but their shipping is outrageous so I doubt I'll ever
buy anything from them that I can't get at the local sale.

I think the building was about 40x80' here. Yeah, it's $32 and change
for shipping that bender to me. Screw that, and screw their shows.

Is there a Harbor Freight store anywhere near you? They have their bench
model on sale for $50:

Yeah, 25 miles away, thanks.

It should be the same except for the base and I made my own base anyway
because I have a square stake set in concrete that I can set it on for use
along with a small tire changer and a plate shear I don't have room to mount
permanently.

I wonder if I take the ad into the HF store if he'd give me that price
on either model...I'll have to try that.

P.S: Why the top-posting? Quote for context and toss the rest for a
much easier read.

"Let's sing praise to Aphrodite || www.diversify.com
She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites
but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications
And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development