Ablang

Default THIS OLD HOUSE: Replacing Your Dishwasher

Replacing Your Dishwasher
Dishwasher on its last legs? When you buy a new one, pocket the
installation fee by doing the job yourself.

by Scott Gibson

Dishwashers have come a long way since Illinois socialite Josephine
Cochrane invented back in the 1880s what later became the KitchenAid.
Still, they don't last forever. Removing an undercounter dishwasher
and replacing it will take an experienced installer less than an hour.

You probably won't manage the job that quickly, but it is a relatively
simple procedure, especially because the plumbing and electrical
hookups are already in place. And by doing the work yourself, you can
save the $100 or more a retailer will charge, or step up to a model
with more features.

Dishwashers come in a variety of price ranges and styles (see
Dishwasher Options), but all standard machines fit in a 24-in.-wide
opening. So no matter which model you choose, you won't need to modify
cabinets.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/know...202345,00.html

===
"Until last October, Christ had a very limited involvement in my life. I believed in God; I just never had to prove I believed. Belief is an absence of proof."
-- Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling