Steve B.

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:12:03 GMT, "Les Wilson"
wrote:

I didn't bother asking the neighbor for a quote first because of something
went wrong with the install or if I went with someone else - I wouldn't want
problems with him down the road. As a rule I don't do business with
friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, etc... - would rather deal with a
person I'll likely never see again - not mix business with pleasure - and
deal with someone who has deeper pockets should something go wrong and we
have to go into litigation.

I'm not in that business but after hanging out in alt.home.repair for
many years it seems like what you paid is in the normal range for what
people pay for these things. Location has a big effect on the
pricing as well.

I agree with your thought on the neighbor and the other guy. I would
rather pay a little more any day of the week to have ti done right and
not have to worry aobut the "what-ifs" that go along with it. Sounds
like you found a good company to deal with and paid a fair price so I
sure wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Steve B.