:::Jerry::::

"nafuk" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I checked the CV boots on my fwd phase II 2000 W Renault Scenic
yesterday and the ends closest to the wheels had slipped of slightly
(not completely).

Any idea how this happens?

On the other end of the CV boot (end nearer the centre of the car)

is
a jubilee clip holding that end in place. There is nothing on the

ends
that came loose. Should there be?

Yes there should be, and if the inner end really does have a jubilee
clip holding it then it's been well bodged !

The proper method uses a special clip that is made from steel wound
around it's self several times but a suitable replacement is a
standard cable tie (you will need a long one for the outer - wheel -
end of the boot). If the boot has been displaced for sometime there
will probably be a lot of grease deposited onto the hub area, you
really need to obtain a new sachet of this grease to replace what is
now missing, this is special CV grease and it is also horrid stuff to
work with - wear latex or similar gloves !....