Gunner

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 21:40:42 -0500, "Mike Henry"
wrote:

Does anyone sell Zamac bar stock? I'm doing some repairs on a little
sliding table saw and there's a little flange on the arbor that needs to be
replaced. It's non-magnetic, appears to have been cast, and looks like the
gears that were on my old Craftsman lathe.

McMaster-Carr sells a zinc alloy ingot that might work. It's 95% Zn, 4% Al,
and 0.1% Cu, which seems to be pretty similar to Zamac 3 or 7. Would that
alloy be machinable in a non-critical application?

Mike

????? Why not simply use aluminum and be done with it? Or steel?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke