mrhuntnpeck

I think you need to consider the age as well as the manufacture.
In my opinion tools that haven't changed much in time you are better
off restoring an old one, this goes for anything with a metal casting
, lathe, drill press , table saw, hand plane, hammer, etc.

of course not to compare them with some of the newer stuff which has
advantages, CNC lathe, sawzall, production machinery.

For home use I like to hunt at garage sales for old, tried and true
tools. lots of brands have cheapened up over the years.

Phil