Stewart Schooley

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:31:23 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson
spake:

The joy that I have in walking down a wood row
In a yard run by a man who knows trees and the cutting of them
Who keeps his best stock in a private place
And expects to be asked where it is

When I have in my mind a list
Of pieces and parts that will go into my current paramour
To make her legs slim and refined
To give life to the curves that haunt my imagining

Some men say that what I do is naught but geometry
Sad fools
Best to leave them to their confines

I come upon a bole of Cherry
Grown in the mountains of Pennsylvania
For so long that saws can not slab it with a single cut
A force of nature beyond the measure and manipulation of man

It is ruddy with its essence
It is rough as the soil that it has sprung form
It is as honest and true as any thing can be

It is perfect

When I am finished
If I am true to my task
I will have preserved its ruddiness
I will have smoothed its roughness

I will have applied the art of man
To the art of God

And it will be as honest and true
As any man made thing can be

Amen

Good'un, Tawm. Now fix your typoes and grammar.
("came" vs. "come", "sprung from" vs. "sprung form")

LJ--Critic & WET At Large

Do. Or do not. * Stylin' Web Design Services
There is no try. --Yoda * http://www.diversify.com

Good'un, Tawm. Now fix your typoes and grammar.

And write it in blank verse.

Stewart