Default How to reset outdoor light timer

I have a light above my garage door that is supposed to be on a
dusk-to-dawn timer. When we bought the house (the garage was completely
new when we bought it), the timer worked. But now it is on more of a
dawn-to-dusk cycle rather than dusk-to-dawn. The cycle seems to made
this change gradually. I cannot, however, find a control for the timer,
or even a photocell somewhere. The light is simply mounted above the
garage door with a wire that runs along the garage wall to the rest of
the wires for the garage.