AlexW

Graham Mead wrote:
Hi I'm currently looking for a slide mitre saw and have whittled the
options down to three models which are

Elektra KGS303, Bosch GCM10S and the Makita LS1013, Which when you
include the price of a stand are all similar cost.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on using
these (or one of them) good or bad as this would help me decide. Or
possibly an alternative around the £450 mark.

Thanks to anyone who replies

No direct exp of the ones you mention.

The Elektra/Metabo ones are really fine machines and I almost bought one
(possibly the 303), other than that it would not go into the cupboard I
have to store it in. I think some have induction motors IIRC.

I got a Dewalt DW707 instead. This has slightly less cut capacity, is a
bit heavier I think and does not have a depth stop due to the slide
design. Good saw though. With your budget you could have the very
similar DW701 which has speed control.

You might want to google the rec.woodworking archives too...

HTH,

Alex.