Hi Ho Silver

Default Faithful Old Curtis Mathes Stopped Playing

My Curtis Mathes console set failed recently with no sound, no picture.
Would like to get it repaired, would pay $200 for the repair, not sure it
can be done for that. It is a nice console set which I bought new in 1985
(sentimental value).
Can you advise?

Here is the data:

Curtis Mathes console - manufactured May 1985.
Model No. K2650RC
Chassis No. C87-3
Serial No. 05407371

Symptoms:

1. No picture, no sound; both failed at same instant.
2. There is a separate (not on-screen) clock/channel number display; this
display is lit and can be set with usual controls. Obviously the set is
getting power.
3. Power off/on still has the normal audible 'click' at back of set.
4. Set has video/audio in jacks at back: also no picture & no sound with
external DVD in (set has video/TV switch on front panel).
5. Remote still works (to change channel number).

Other info:

1. I removed back cover and see two fuses; both look ok (i.e., fuse
element looks straight and normal).
2. Fuse i.d.'s on circuit board:

- F01 125 V 1.25 amp
- F601 125 V 4 amp