Avraham

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:25:59 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

Avraham wrote:
: Thanks, but that's OK. Most of our shields are made of T6 aluminum,
: and some of us (like me!) are moving to shields made of the same
: materials as originally used, which brings us back to the actual
: subject of the newsgroup. I bought a Grizzly 14" bandsaw and riser
: block so I could resaw basswood (pretty much the same as European
: Linwood, if not exact) and make a two-layer laminated shield.
: Avraham

Doesn't basswood dent like crazy? It's a pretty soft wood.

-- Andy Barss

Shields aren't really meant to be permanent, or at least they weren't
1100 years ago (the time the equipment I'm reproducing is from ). It
actually holds up surprisingly well - the only problem my first one is
having is the steel rim is coming off. I need to use a different
style.
Avraham