njl6770

One of the problems with drill screws is that the drill portion needs to
be drilling at a lower axial feed rate than the threads of the screw
require. Can cause them to bind up and you twist them off or it strips
the threads off.
If that wasn't too clear, think of it this way. The thread of these
fasteners is usually a fine thread, like 10-32, so for each rotation of
the screw, once the threads are engaged, it will advance 1/32 inch. That
a pretty healthy feed rate for a .150 dia drill (I think that's how big
the drill was on the screws I have is.).
If you can get the point of the drill portion through the metal, before
the starter threads engage, you have a better chance.
I have had luck by pilot drilling, but this wasn't real easy either.
Make sure to use oil on the threads, and keep the vise grips close.

wrote:

I am looking for ways to attach components to the floor of a truck.
The floor could be as much as 1/4" thick plate with 1/2 inch or so
thick mat and sound deadening material. I want to be able to use
something like a drill screw or a threaded insert for two reasons. One
is that I want the person to be able to work alone and the other is
that many times it will be difficult to impossible for someone to get
access to the other side of the floor area. I would like the head of
the fastener have a positive grip such as a torx, hex head or square
drive.

Any ideas?

#! rnews 942
Newsgroups: news.admin.net-abuse.email
From: "R. Scott"
Subject: h0using.com mortgage spam flood.
Sender:
(Boeing NNTP News Access)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 19:58:09 GMT

All are apparently coming from Kornet. Spamcop is having trouble
parsing the site names, so I'm not sure where the crap is being hosted
at.

Im getting them too, Its NOC.NET, otherwise known as Ostrich with head
in the sand net.

--
Rick
Everett, Washington