Paul Mc Cann wrote:
I re-read, you have a tractor, just tug them with the tractor,

as you
cut away at the other side of the trunk. Just watch the rope

length so
it does not land on the tractor.

That's the whole point, there's no way I can "cut away at the

other
side of the trunk", the other side of the trunk is in the middle

with
three other trunks preventing access to it.

It strikes me that if you cut through the first one it can only

fall the
one way given that the others are in the way. That should give a

little
elbow room to cope with the remaining trunks.

Yes, however there is the minor problem that the chain saw will be
pinched in the cut long before the tree falls.

--
Chris Green

So get an axe and do this first one the old fashioned way!

MBQ