Prometheus

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:49:44 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.brotherguido.com/armor/default.htm

I don't see any reason you couldn't make your own out of maybe 1/8"
plywood, they give the sizes, and looks like the lacing instructions are
complete enough. Plastic? Bah.

Never was a member of the SCA, but I've met plenty of folks who were
(or claimed to be, who really knows?) and the impression I got was
that they were not allowed to use plastic armor in any case, as it was
not availble during the periods of time they were re-enacting. Most
of the abovementioned folks made armor from leather soaked in parafin
wax or (if they were *really* into it) hand-hammered iron plates. But
you're right in any case- plywood would be kinda neat.

BTW, I thought you had left the group?

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam