Howard Neil

Actually the first one I need to cut, the one on the side where I want
them all to drop isn't all that entangled and would probably drop away
from the rest if I could cut through it. However I don't really see
how I can cut it given that if I start cutting on the only side I can
get at the saw will be pinched and stuck long before the trunk falls.

Do you know how to make a plunge cut? If so, notch on the side away from
the other trunks, then plunge cut to make the felling cut (the way you
would if felling a tree leaning at an acute angle). If you don't know
how to make a plunge cut, find someone to show you how. It is simple and
safe when done correctly but potentially dangerous if you do it wrong.

--
Howard Neil