Prometheus

On 27 Apr 2005 16:42:47 -0700, wrote:

I was looking at a Lie-Nielson plane today and noticed how different
the chip breaker is. It is a flat piece of metal that looks like it has
been ground on the blade side so that a little lip stick up at the end.
The grinding marks really puzzled me. Like, how can they make it that
way? The grinding for the majority is along the length of the breaker
all the way down to the little lip. It's the all the way part that made
me wonder what was going on. How can they do that?

What is the advantage of their chip breaker style over the bent Stanley
type? What are the Hock breakers like?

FWIW, I know Mr. Lee follows this group, so you may want to repost
this with something like "Attn: Rob Lee" As he is the guy
responsible for making so many of us drool over those Lie-Nielsons, he
may be the best equipped to answer your question.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam