Peter T. Keillor III

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:46:17 -0500, "lionslair at consolidated dot
net" "lionslair at consolidated dot net" wrote:

yourname wrote:

wrote:

I am finishing my house right now and then can get back to working on
my garage. The city wouldn't let me build a workshop and 1100 sq. ft.
garage so I changed the name of the workshop to ancillary unit
(mother-in-law unit) and that allowed me to build an 1100 sq ft.
workshop and up to 1400 sq. ft. of garage though I felt 1100 sq. ft.

There is much jealousy hereabouts. i built almost a 1000 sqft garage,
and it just isn't big enough

I have a 900 and I know it isn't. Thankfully, we have a shop building for the
outdoor tools and machines... keeping my shop free. But then I have a half bath (cry no laundry sink)
and a Lazyboy chair with round table for 4, coffee table and water cooler.

The CNC Plasma machine is being put together now (what a kit!) in front of
one 10'x10' door while the other 'front' 10' door is behind my desk for deliveries.
Two more 10's are across the bay allowing almost an open air work shop. Nice on hot days.

I have Table saw, wood bandsaw, wood lathe, cabinets, metal lathe, metal horz bandsaw and my mill
across most of the back two 10' doors. I'm a bit cramped in that area. Still just moving in.
I think the cabinets will have to move to the central region of the shop to allow more Lathe area.

Martin

Good design for Houston. Sounds like an ice house. Just add a bar
and a couple pool tables.

The garage here is 2x2, cars, that is. The back half is mine, with
the bandsaw, welding and cutting stuff, son's forge and anvil, and the
shaper. When I finish painting and reassembling the mill, the shaper
is going in the basement shop.

Pete Keillor