Doug Miller

In article t, "World Traveler" wrote:

Look again. The commercial aircraft you travel in probably has parts from
China, built to FAA certification.

That's actually a pretty scary thought.

There are FAA certified aviation
production facilities in China, and FAA certified repair stations which draw
customers from airlines around the world because of the competency of their
work.

I frankly don't believe that, and won't, unless you furnish proof.

The computer on which you read this msg probably was at least
partially built in China. How's that for differentiating quality and trash?

Yes, I'm sure it was, and that probably accounts for the premature failure of
various components. The overwhelming majority of failed boards and power
supplies that I've seen were made in Communist China. In my experience, those
made _anywhere_else_ are much more reliable.

It isn't the ethnicity of the worker that establishes the quality of a
product,

Who said it was? I have _no_problem_ buying tools, electronics, or whatever,
made in Taiwan, where the workers are of identical ethnicity to those on the
mainland - and the goods they produce are of _markedly_better_ quality.

it's the design and management decisions made that guide the
worker, and the q.c. and management oversight of the production process.

Yes, indeed - all of which seem to be very sadly lacking in most of the stuff
that comes out of the PRC.

What China has been lacking in is enough capital to build a modernized
production base.

No, what China has been lacking, and continues to lack, is an economic system
that rewards quality and punishes its absence. And until that system appears,
they will continue to produce crap.

--
Regards,