Mike Fields

"lionslair at consolidated dot net" "lionslair at consolidated dot net"
wrote in message ...
Martin wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just bought the $20 brad nailer and
a pack of the 1-9/16" 18 gauge nails. In my testing, I was amazed at
how the thing works. I tried pressures from 70 to 90 psi with no
apparent sensitivity of results.

The first time, I had the work pieces pinned solidly under my foot, no
idea what might happen. When the nail struck, nothing even moved.
After a few more shots I realized the beauty of such a device. I could
actually hand-hold the pieces with only one end leaning on the floor,
and shoot a nail in while feeling almost no disturbance. Perfect for
nailing something together without disturbing the alignment.

Yes, they are wonderful that way with no jarring impact to knock things
apart, HOWEVER, they go through hands/fingers etc even faster than
the wood when you are "hand holding" (no, I have not done that ... yet).
It is real easy to forget when you are holding something in place just how
fast they shoot that nail !!

mikey