andrewpreece

Default Nylon Carpets

Hello,

I'm trying to replace the old swirly wool carpet on my
hallway/stairs/landing as it is
now wearing on the treads, it's aeons old and still is ok except on the
stairs. Wool
seems to be the best fibre for carpets.

I wanted to go to a restrained pindot pattern ( grid of dots spaced at about
6" ) in wool,
but have found out that for technological reasons, pindot wool carpets are
only
produced using woven Axminster or Wilton techniques, hence we're talking
£30+/sq.metre which is a little steep for me. I could go to plain wool, but
was really
looking for at least a minimal pattern for interest and to hide dirt.

I'm thrown back to looking at nylon carpets. I've heard they're a lot better
than they
used to be, and was pleased to find that they don't all have that shiny
synthetic look.
All the same I am worried about pile-crushing and wear, and wondered if
anyone
has had nylon carpets installed in heavy wear areas ( particularly stairs )
and is
pleased with their performance and appearance?

cheers,

Andy.