David

A 7518 is an excellent choice for router tables. Too much power? No.
Select the speed you need for the bit in use. The larger diameter bits
use slower speeds.

Dave

wrote:

I have interest in a drop in router for a Jessem Master Lift which I
already own. So I am in need of a motor only.

My main use is for template cutting of 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" cast
acrylic sheeting, so either a 2 1/4 PC 890 or 3 1/4 7518 PC router will
fit nicely into the unit.

The price is really a wash after I buy the adapter bracket for the
smaller motors.

Is there such a thing as to much power for using a spiral up cut bit
for template or edging round off work?

If not it seems to make most sense to mount the 7518 permanantly to
have a more versatile set up.

Thanks for any helpful input.