J T

Apr 28, 2005, 8:11am lid (J.=A0Clarke)
sayeth:
While steel plate armor has its advantages, it's also heavy and unless
it's very carefully crafted it impedes your motion. snip
And I think you'll find that lamellar armor works very nicely. snip
By the way, don't assume that the bokken is not a "real sword". How many
swordmasters with steel swords did Musashi kill with one?

I didn't say "plate" armor. When I said "real sword" I meant one
with a steel blade and a sharp edge and point.

As far as swordsmanship, there was a Roman who fought duels, and
killed his opponents (who had real swords), using a lead sword. Forgot
his name, and am not gonna look it up. People capable of things like
that are exceptions to the rule, and probably nutters.

JOAT
A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence.
- Brander Matthews