Karl Townsend

Karl, The Shizuoka mill is an excellant piece of iron! I've had one for
25 years and it performs well for the things I ask it to do. The rapids
are slow as is the spindle RPM by todays standards, but the rigidity and
fit and finish of the machine is very good. This mill was very popular
on the West Coast in the early 80s-90s. Bandit was the primary control
and the machines were retrofitted mainly by Hasbach and SK Systems.

If the iron is in good shape I would consider a Shizuoka an excellant
candidate for an up dated control.

Thanks, everybody, for the input. As this is just the size machine we want,
I'm on the lookout for one of these. I've got a year before I need it, so
I'll just watch for that possible killer deal for now. (I've got to put a
control on a CHNC first)

Karl