Bob

Goedjn wrote in
:

I'm planning to restore some painted wood to a more natural state. A
few years back, using heat to strip old finishes was commonplace and
electric heat guns were flying off the shelves. I only see chemical
methods mentioned now. Is there a good reason for this?

People who kill themselves with heat-sources die right then,
and there's an easy path of causality for the lawyers to follow.

People who kill themselves with chemicals tend to die years
later, which creates plausible deniability.

Thanks for your insight -- it makes perfect sense -- but the question was
"Is there a GOOD reason?" as in "does it work just as well?" And, can you
still buy a heat gun without a background check?