Patriarch

"Tina" wrote in news:PZRbe.34$xY3.9@lakeread03:

snip
If I get the seperator will it hamper the effectiveness of the system?
I only will be using it on my 1 TS and a Makita LS 1013 chop box and I
guess I could hook it up to my PC Router table.

Effectiveness in what way? As in, will it still pull the same air, at
the same velocity? I don't know. Mine is pretty effective at cleaning
up from a Unisaw, a router table, a small planer, a largish bandsaw and
sanding dust from a lathe. And I plug in a hose and wand, and clear the
chips and sawdust off of the shop floor once in a while. The DC I have
seems to be similarly rated to the one you are installing. Mine's piped
with 4" pvc, and a little bit of flex, for movement of the DC and the
seperator, and access to stuff that's behind.

I'm sure that I could wring another 10% from my setup, but it's too much
trouble, and what's there does the job. I'm not collecting from a lot
of the sources, and so there's still a lot of cleanup to do.

But dumping the can is a lot easier than dumping the plastic bag. It's
more accessible, and I don't need to wrestle the band clamps. And it
doen't throw up clouds of dust, because the 'cake' isn't disturbed.

....I'm gonna try and do
a pcv piping system...(a salesman from my local woodcraft store) said
to do the pvc piping instead of the flexible hosing, anyway nothing is
written in stone yet...I just assembled (dc) it last night but
haven't done any piping or anything yet....just trying to get my ducks

Tina

Experiment a bit. Take notes. Make stuff. Enjoy.

Patriarch