Avraham

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:56:51 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Avraham wrote:
Well, speaking as a guy who has been fighting for 22 years, plywood
wouldn't hold up at all. A 3/4" plywood shield is pretty much
disposable - it'll last *maybe* a season of fighting.

If you want something that is probably less than 1/2 the weight of a
piece of 3/4" ply and can't be penetrated by a copper jacketed .357 mag,
contact me off list.

I'll tell you how to make one.

Lew

Thanks, but that's OK. Most of our shields are made of T6 aluminum,
and some of us (like me!) are moving to shields made of the same
materials as originally used, which brings us back to the actual
subject of the newsgroup. I bought a Grizzly 14" bandsaw and riser
block so I could resaw basswood (pretty much the same as European
Linwood, if not exact) and make a two-layer laminated shield.
Avraham