Gunner

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 05:21:10 -0700, Garlicdude
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

We're starting to scout around for another CNC mill. I plan on adding a new
retrofit control to an older machine in good mechanical condition. It would
be GREAT if we could find a machine that uses our existing tooling, NMTB40
and BT45. (You can spend more on tool holders than on the machine)

Anway, I didn't know they made ATCs for NMTB40 until I spotted this:

Anyone have experience with this machine? I've not heard of it. In
particular, does the ATC work well? Have I been sleeping under a rock, are
ATCs for NMTB40 readily available?

P.S. Anybody want to buy a Bandit?

Karl

Karl, The Shizuoka mill is an excellant piece of iron! I've had one for
25 years and it performs well for the things I ask it to do. The rapids
are slow as is the spindle RPM by todays standards, but the rigidity and
fit and finish of the machine is very good. This mill was very popular
on the West Coast in the early 80s-90s. Bandit was the primary control
and the machines were retrofitted mainly by Hasbach and SK Systems.

Mine doesn't have a toolchanger so I can't speak to its reliability
etc., but I beleive that the early toolchangers used on these were
manufactured by the Fadal bros. before they stated making full blown
machines.

If the iron is in good shape I would consider a Shizuoka an excellant
candidate for an up dated control.

Steve

There is a Shizouka for sale in Santa Ana California. Very nice and I
think $5- $10k...

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends
of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli