Joseph Meehan

Chris Lewis wrote:
According to Joseph Meehan :
Gasoline not only suffers from evaporation as you well
explained, but it also suffers from chemical reactions that can
occur without any evaporation. The various hydrocarbons can and do
tend to react among themselves, generally forming heaver - longer
chains. This is the part of the process that stabilizers can help
slow down. This part of the process generally takes a fairly long
time.

True enough, but with 2-cycle gas, it implies that even a stabilizer
won't help (much) if you encourage evaporation (ie: running the engine
dry). Stabilizer or not, the majority of the gasoline residue will
evaporate, leaving the heavy ends and 2-stroke oil behind. Gasoline
stabilizer cannot prevent that from turning into sticky/obstructive
goo.

Particularly nasty in engines with small fuel lines and small fuel
passages in their carbs (ie: weed wackers).

In general I agree. In part, as you infer, it does depend on the
specific engine. I have never had a problem, but others may. In most cases
if you do either, you should be OK, over winter is not all that long.
However on some engines, it could be a problem and that problem is more
likely related to evaporation than the chemical changes staibilization helps

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit