Leon

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Leon"
wrote:

Evidently, you have very little experience with Chinese-made tools - or
else
you have *no* experience with anything *else* to provide a basis for
comparison.

Wrong on both counts.
Every body is capable of building quality and trash. I have seen an equal
amount from just about every where.

The
reason more is going to China is because the Chinese are willing to build
the products for the what they are really worth.

What a load of utter nonsense. The reason more production is going to
China is
that more and more manufacturers are trying to get their products made at
the
lowest possible cost without regard for quality.

Lowest cost yes, but a a quality that the public is willing to put up with
or settle for.

The cost of doing business in
China is very low for at least two reasons: 1) very low cost of labor -
and
for a good reason, I might add - and 2) little or no environmental
regulation.

Yeah. Low cost of labor by those willing to do the work.

There really is no reason
in the world that a nail gun should cost $300, other than to pay a high
salary.

More nonsense. It pays for *skilled* labor.

It does not require that kind of skill to do repeated assembly.

It pays for high-quality steel. Probably not $30 worth of steel unless the
steel was manufactured by over paid workers.

(How many times have you twisted the head off of a Chinese-made screw?)

I am betting no more than a low quality American screw.

Country origin has absolutely no factor over resulting quality.

It pays for a clean environment. (Of course it costs less to manufacture
products
in a country that allows the factory to just dump whatever crap they want
to,
wherever they want to, than in a country that requires factories to keep
their
surroundings clean.).

Still THAT has nothing to do with over paid workers.

Until we start blaming ourselves for our own problems in pricing and
quality, we will remain in this situation.

--
Regards,