Larry Jaques

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:12:18 -0400, the inscrutable Tom Watson
spake:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 05:10:20 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

As Margaret Shertzer wrote in her book, The Elements of Grammar, "Most
common nouns ending in "o" preceded by a consonant form their plurals
by adding an "es" to the singular." typo, typoes.

Webster agreed in their New Collegiate dictionary with "The plural
form of a noun ending in a consonant and "o" is -oes: hero, heroes."

OK - I had to run this morning and didn't have time to look up the
reference until now:

Webster's New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition. 2000. p.
1549: "Typo" n., pl. "pos"...

Now pay up!

Damn those revisionist historians! I'm still 2:1 on ya, so it's
time for your crowbar, not mine.

Now pay up!

--
Don't forget the 7 P's: