lionslair at consolidated dot net

Martin wrote:

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just bought the $20 brad nailer and
a pack of the 1-9/16" 18 gauge nails. In my testing, I was amazed at
how the thing works. I tried pressures from 70 to 90 psi with no
apparent sensitivity of results.

The first time, I had the work pieces pinned solidly under my foot, no
idea what might happen. When the nail struck, nothing even moved.
After a few more shots I realized the beauty of such a device. I could
actually hand-hold the pieces with only one end leaning on the floor,
and shoot a nail in while feeling almost no disturbance. Perfect for
nailing something together without disturbing the alignment.

Also, I was able to shoot brads at a slight angle to the work surface,
with the heads still being countersunk a little. Very impressive for
$20!

Martin

The nice thing about them is you can build small stuff - bird houses as an example
with glue and nails that can't be built with a hammer !

The effective zero force exerted upon the wood is most useful. I've paid for my finish
nailer, used it for many a job as a tack nailer until the wood glue dries. Put in flooring
in friends house and my attic. Uses pressure not much volume.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life