TKM

"Kendall P. Bullen" wrote in message
The trapping place we're using says we can't really do anything about
raccoon smell...they're placing traps to get the critters, but I'm
worried about long-term smell. Plus they told us the critters pee where
they nest, so our basement ceiling would have to have a bunch of --
maybe all the -- drywall replaced??? And there's a closet under the
stairs that supposedly has a smell...I didn't notice it, but there were
some powerful plug-in aroma things in the house, so I'm not sure if this
is new with the raccoon[s], or if this was already there and just
thoroughly masked.

Any ideas on getting rid of raccoon smell other than replacing our
basement ceiling? ;-)

Thanks

--
Kendall P. Bullen http://www.his.com/~kendall/
kendall@---^^^^^^^

Antything that seals the surface will help. Shellac or a pigmented sealer
like "Kilz" is fine if you can figure out a way to apply it - brushing it on
is best. It does come in spray cans, so it's fairly easy and inexpensive
to try a spray treatment. You can always tear the ceiling out if the simple
things don't work.

TKM