AlanBown

"jeffc" wrote in message
. com...
You know that gray foam rubber/styrofoam stuff they sell to insulate

copper
pipes? Does anyone know a good glue that would work to seal this stuff to
itself? Something that sort of "melts" the foam slightly to form a

"welded"
bond would be best. (I think that's the sort of thing that happened with
plastic models and model glue I used as a kid.)

There is but I do not know what it is nor where to buy it. The pro
insulators at work used something that looked like rubber cement. Looked a
lot like a rubber cement applicator can with brush not dabber. They would
apply to both sides and push together for 10-20 seconds and it was bonded.
The result was nice tight professional seams.

Probably time to loose the Box Stores and seek the pros in your area.