Doug Miller

In article , "Burhans" wrote:
Well I caved - With a New Born Baby only days away and the reality that
Insurance not covering my claim if there was a fire - I splurged the extra
money and got 100Ft of 10/2 w Ground Copper Wire.... Strangly enough the
Outdoor quality was cheaper then the indoor...... Go Figure

I'm guessing you compared the price of 100' of UF to 250' of NM...

The Wire is run and connected but I have not flipped on the breaker to the
Hot Water Heater yet. My plumbing skills have been tested and a small leak
has developed on the Treaded Portion of the Hot Water Heater.... Of course I
did not let the thread seal cure for 48 Hrs... I am hoping giving it time to
seal will do the trick... Anyone have any view on Thread Seal and How long
it usually takes to seal the thread?

If it's leaking, that means you didn't tighten the joint enough. Doesn't
matter how long you wait, it isn't going to seal.

--
Regards,