toller

"Burhans" wrote in message
Well I caved - With a New Born Baby only days away and the reality that
Insurance not covering my claim if there was a fire - I splurged the extra
money and got 100Ft of 10/2 w Ground Copper Wire.... Strangly enough the
Outdoor quality was cheaper then the indoor...... Go Figure

You did the right thing

The Wire is run and connected but I have not flipped on the breaker to the
Hot Water Heater yet. My plumbing skills have been tested and a small leak
has developed on the Treaded Portion of the Hot Water Heater.... Of course
I did not let the thread seal cure for 48 Hrs... I am hoping giving it
time to seal will do the trick... Anyone have any view on Thread Seal and
How long it usually takes to seal the thread?

Teflon tape...
Only time I ever used pipe dope (if that is what you mean) was on gas, and I
don't remember it needing to cure. (At least I didn't do it, and it didn't
leak.)

Thanks you all for the input

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I recently purchased a 20 Gallon Hot Water Heater (120V) 2000 Total
Watts...... The National Wiring Code stated that it needs a 25 Amp/10
Gauge Wire.......

Doing the Math (WATTS = VOLTS * AMPS)

2400 WATTS = 120 VOLTS * 20 AMP (12 Guage Wire)

To my understanding 2400 WATTS is more then the Water Heater can pull

Could someone elaborate on why National Wiring Code would not allow me to
use a 12 Guage Wire / 20 Amp Breaker?

Thanks