Peter Charles Fagg

Rick, please excuse me but I was alarmed at reading the suggestion to
pull over this tree with a tractor. A tractor can be used quite safely
to pull trees over but there are a few ground rules to be aware of
before attempts are made.

I was employed as an agricultural engineer for many years. IF anyone
uses a tractor for any form of towing job please do not attempt pulling
something from a height, it can destabilise the tractor and literally
flip it over, likewise do not attempt to attach ropes above the drawbar
height, the tractor can in some circumstances literally climb over
itself backwards.

The rope length as you state is critical not only as regards the
tractor, it should be fitted with a safety frame anyway nowadays, but
also it must be a straight pull rather than on the skew.

Regards Peter Fagg